General setup application notes
Blocks application notes make it easy to try out features, hone your Blocks skills and learn best practice. Follow these general steps to use most application notes:
- Download a .zip file containing the application note files.
- Unzip it to a directory of your choice.
- Stop Blocks if it is running.
- Make sure you have a file named PIXILAB-Blocks-config.yml in your home directory, containing your preferred Blocks settings, as described here.
- Locate or create a root entry in that configuration file, specifying the path to the application note directory unzipped in step 2 above, as described here.
- Start Blocks.
If you don't already have a configuration file in your home directory, you can download this generic configuration file.
Most application notes also require that you re-assign the Display Spot used in the example to a display or browser window of yout choice. Do so by double clicking the Display Spot in the editor and select yout spot's ID under "Re-assign to Display Spot".