Samsung Smart Signage
This guide shows how to setup a Tizen-based Samsung Smart Signage Display for use with Blocks. The example screenshots shown below are from Samsung QB43N model. Other models may have slightly different user interface. Please refer to Samsungs documentation for details.
Please test your actual content on the device before making final decisions on hardware. Smart displays come with limitations regarding file formats, video performance and support for transitions compared to a standard web browser or the PIXILAB player running on a computer.
- Connect the display to the network.
- If the display is brand new, the setup wizard will start.
- Alternatively, if the display has been used previously, press menu on the remote, select System and Start Setup.
If this option is disabled, then you must first set the display's input to HDMI to enable it.
- Set your preferred language.
- Set your display orientation.
- Set auto power to off.
- Set the network to DHCP.
- Set the time and date.
- Set to play via URL launcher.
- Type http://pixi.guide/tizen in URL bar.
- Name the display as desired.
- Click "Done" to close the guide.
Finally change the input source to "URL Launcher".
Controlling display power from Blocks
In order to control display power on/off from Blocks, Wake-on-LAN must be enabled on the display.
- Press "Menu" on the remote control.
- Locate the "Power" settings and set the "Network StandBy" option to off to keep the network adapter powered when the display is turned off. (Yes, setting this option to off to allow the display to be turned on is rather counter-intuitive.)
- Press "Home" on the remote control.
- Locate the "Device ID" setting.
- Set the PC connection cable option to "RJ45(LAN)/Wifi".